Windows 7 has turned one today. And in the mean time it has a record 240 Million Licenses being sold out. Critics have been back to their shells who were bombastic at the Redmond based company 2 years down the line when Vista was not a success as assumed by Microsoft. But since the announcement of Windows 7 and launch of Pre-Beta of Windows 7 at Professional Developers conference in Oct 2008 everything changed for windows. It is now the most trusted and robust Operating System amongst all out in Market with over 17 percent of the global operating system share.
The features which revolutionized the Window-ing of a Desktop user includes
1. JumpLists: The feature to access recent documents by right clicking an icon in Taskbar (rather SuperBar Windows 7 onwards)
2. Desktop Themes: Easy to customize and install themepacks that eradicated need of any 3rd party software’s.
3. Windows XP Mode – Virtualiation of Windows XP over Windows 7 in a much more interactive manner.
4. Aero Snap & Aero Peek with thumbnail previews from the taskbar.
5. SuperBar: to pin folders & programs to taskbar and place from where JumpLists can be accessed.
6. Library: to add foldes to a Library and access the files from within that Library without having to navigate out of the Library.
7. Parental Controls: Set Restrictions over a user over a few Apps and over a time.
Apart from these features what Windows 7 gave me was peace of Mind. Haven’t formatted my PC in last 11 Months, Only a single Blue Screen of Death in last 18 months ( not even in Beta), complete Security using MSE integration, picking up auto-drivers for most hardware etc.
And the list goes on. To know more about Windows 7, you can also read and share a free e-book Windows 7 Tips & Tricks released by me on Windows 7 which covers tutorials, tips & ticks, how-to-do’s, New features, additional utilities & much more to enhance your Windows 7 Experience.
To download click the image above.