Google has introduced a feature for Gmail service, which enables Gmail users to access their Gmail account without Internet. Google Gears allows to use Gmail without using internet, but enabling the powerful web apps and adding exciting features to the web browser. Using Google Gears, Gmail will download the local cache of your mail. Thus making it possible to access Gmail account without Internet.
Google have launched their new powered app Google Gears which will hold download the local cache which is synchronized with Gmail servers as long as your internet connection stays and after the connection is break, this app will switch to offline mode automatically and uses that cache stored on your PC’s HD.
To access Gmail without Internet follow these steps :
- For Mozilla Firefox or Internet explorer or any other browsers you need to install Google Gears. For Chrome, there is no need to install Google Gears app as it is already installed.
Download : Google Gears
- Login to your Gmail account and Switch to Labs Option from the the menu. If you haven’t upgraded your profile, then Click on Settings Option and from there you need to click on Labs Option.
- In the Labs Option, switch to Offline option and then click on Enable roption and click Save Changes.
- If you haven’t upgraded your Gmail account, after switching to Settings Option, click on Offline Option and there you can select the Enable Offline Mail for this computer and save the changes.
- After saving the changes, you should be able to see the offline link at the top right of your Gmail account page. Some times you may have to refresh the page manually.
- If you are using the Browsers other than Chrome, then you need to install Google Gears app from Gmail’s Google Gears page.
- Finally, allow the Google Gears to access your Gmail account on your system, by selecting the Allow Option.
- You can also create a shortcut of Gmail on your Desktop by selecting all the check-boxes that were displayed in another pop-up window
- Now, your Gmail account will be synchronized and this will help you to access your older mail without Internet access.
This is sure a way for the people having inconsistent Internet connections.