Google has been catching up fast in releasing the new versions of their web browser Google chrome. Google has released Chrome 12, which is now the stable release of Google’s web browser, bringing several improvements in security, privacy and graphics capabilities.
Chrome 12.0.742.91 includes a number of new features and updates, including:
- Hardware accelerated 3D CSS
- New Safe Browsing protection against downloading malicious files
- Ability to delete Flash cookies from inside Chrome
- Launch Apps by name from the Omnibox
- Integrated Sync into new settings pages
- Improved screen reader support
- New warning when hitting Command-Q on Mac
- Removal of Google Gears
Google Chrome 12 is available at www.google.cxom/chrome. Existing users will be automatically updated to the new version in the next couple of days.
Google Chrome team promises to continues execute its six-week release schedule with many more improvements coming in the way.
Please see the Chromium security page for more details regarding the updates and changes.